Acro-yoga is a physical practice which blends elements of yoga, acrobatics, performance and healing arts.
Has anyone tried Acro Yoga? I am really interested in doing this, and I imagine it would be great to do with Priscilla.
Benefits of AcroYogaThe practice of AcroYoga can mold the overall personality of the participant by improving mental, physical and spiritual aspects. Its athleticism, discipline, and concentration improve one’s personality, confidence, trust, and kindness. It also helps to lose weight and the Thai massage makes the skin glow. Benefits of acroyoga include the following:
- Acroyoga enhances concentration, and this helps to ease mind from worries and relieve stress, leading to a more peaceful life.
- This trio combination results in a stronger immune system and improves the overall quality of life. It makes for a happy, satisfied and content life.
- It helps ease various chronic health conditions such as insomnia, anxiety, depression, pain, etc.
- It improves digestion, boosts elimination of toxins, and improves blood circulation, thereby building stamina. It improves memory and capacity to recall as well.
- Acroyoga poses emphasize proper body alignment, relieve gas and constipation and help build an appetite.
Sensory Deprivation Tanks and FloatingI had the opportunity to visit isolation tank last month. The tank is a chamber filled with water supersaturated with Epsom salts – which means you can lie back and float on the surface, like your own private Dead Sea. And because the water is maintained at body temperature, after a while you don’t feel it.
You’re left with a sensation of weightlessness, like floating in space. Imagine floating in space and astral projecting at the same time.
"Meditation, Isolation and Claustrophobia all at the same time"-Aton
If you watch the VICE documentary below you can get a full comprehensive in-depth understanding of the floatation tank experience.
After watching the series of videos i believe that we need to go back and spend much more time in the tank, in order to achieve the desired results. We only floated for an hour and I actually had some complications during my float. Salt water in the eye is no joke. Especially this salt water. They put like 90 lbs of Epsom salt in each tank, so the amount of salt in my eye was concentrated and hurt like a mother.
Besides that, the experience was pleasant. It was very calming and relaxing and quite meditative. I imagine that the real work would be done during long sessions of floating and/or repeated floating sessions.